The ColdPICK M1 is a highly mobile postharvest pre-cooler designed for placement in field next to a picking crew. A standard 20-person picking crew typically picks one stack every 10-15 minutes. The speed and efficiency of the ColdPICK M1 enables stacks to be continuously loaded and moved through the system as they are picked.
The ColdPICK M1 processes 1,000 lbs/hour (roughly one pallet). Multiple ColdPICK M1s can be cross-docked to accommodate larger harvest operations so that several picking crews can work alongside each other.
How It Works
- Produce is picked and packaged by the picking crew and loaded into flats or lugs.
- The stacks of flats or lugs are manually placed on the loading conveyor.
- The stacks are pushed into the chilling chamber for pre-cooling, making way for the next stacks to be loaded.
- Chilled stacks are discharged as new stacks are introduced to the chilling chamber.
- The stacks are transferred to a reefer truck where they are assembled onto a pallet.
- Once full, the refrigerated truck ships produce to the customer or distribution center.
Best Suited For
Fields Using Scheduled Route System Pick-Ups.
Operations That Regularly Change Harvest Locations During Or Between Seasons, Whether On-Site (At Large Farms) Or Between Sites.
(Ex: From California In The Summer To The Baja Peninsula In The Fall)
Trailer Mounted For Easy Site-To-Site Transport.
Adaptive Refrigeration System.
ColdPICK Air Circulation System.
|Length||50 feet (15 meters)|
|Width||9 feet (2.8 meters)|
|Height (off trailer)||20 feet (6 meters)|
|Chilling Capacity@32°F||6,000 lbs/hour (2,722 kgs/hour)|
|Load Capacity||10,000 lbs/hour (4,536 kgs/hour)|
|Air Temperature||30°F (-1°C)|
|No. of Fans||12-15|
|Voltage||460-480 VAC 60 Hz, 3 phase|
|Genset Power||350 kW|
|Evaporator||60TR, 28°F (-2.22°C)|
ColdPick The Green Living mobile pre-coolers are accessible to clients across the fresh produce agricultural industry.
Units can be purchased directly, with prices dependent on the size and number of units required. We also work with leasing partners in order to enable our clients to rent-to-buy or rent seasonally.
Contact Us For A Consultation So That We Can Tailor A Solution That Works For You.